I just finished attending South by Southwest (SXSW) conference in Austin, TX. I went primarily for the Interactive portion of SXSW, to checkout latest-and-greatest trends in technology. And also, to meet other like-minded folks through meetups and parties at SXSW.
My highlights/key take-aways:
- AI is definitely here and no longer sci-fi
- AI is being used to solve problems, but you need to have access to data – LOTS of it
- Empathy could be the differentiator in digital transformation
- Creative design still matters
- (Not so) new paradigms interfacing with customers via conversation UX (chatbots, Alexa, Siri, Cortana) are ramping up